Log in below or subscribe today to access these resources
- Copyright Compliance: An outline of the key legal provisions relating to the creation, ownership and use of copyright material by community organisations.
- Equal Opportunities: This guidance note explains why community organisations need an Equal Opportunities Policy, what it might consist of and how to set about developing and implementing one and how you can set about combating discrimination and promoting equality and diversity in your organisation.
- Equality and Discrimination - The Law: This information sheet sets out key points in the legislation that covers discriminatory behaviour both in employment and in the provision of goods and services and to explain how to act to ensure compliance and good practice.
- Freedom of Information Legislation: This guidance note describes the provisions of UK Freedom of Information legislation and indicates how information may be obtained under the provisions of the legislation.
- Libel: This information sheet explains how the law on libel works and highlights the need for community organisations to monitor what they publish about others and what is published about them.
- Small Claims in the County Court: This technical guidance note explains the process for making Claims in the County Court for sums of money, usually not exceeding £5,000.
- Whistleblowing – The Law: This information sheet outlines what whistleblowing means and the legal protection given to those people who ‘blow the whistle’ on their employers’ activities.
- Community Association Complaint and Policy Procedure: A community association could use this specimen policy and procedure in its entirety or it could be used as a starting point for creating their own.
- Model Complaints Policy and Procedure: A community organisation could use this specimen policy and procedure in its entirety or it could be used as a starting point for creating their own.
- Model Whistleblowing Policy and Procedure: A community organisation could use this model whistleblowing (reporting a Public Interest Disclosure) policy and procedure in its entirety or it could be used as a starting point for creating their own.