Log in below or subscribe today to access these resources
- Accessibility: A brief overview of things to consider in ensuring that your premises are welcoming and inclusive to all.
- Charity Property: The process by which trustees of a charity can hold the title to land and how title is transferred.
- Community Buildings and Utility Charges: The utility charges you may have to pay if you are managing a community building, and sources of further information. The following information is particularly related to the climate change levy, fuel, power, and water and sewerage charges.
- Negotiating Leases: A summary of the different ways of holding property and the main issues for a community organisation to consider when negotiating a lease.
- Planning Permission and Building Regulations: An overview of the regulations under which planning or other controls may be applicable when new building developments, changes of use or alterations to existing premises are contemplated.
- Rates: This information sheet explains the current system of non-domestic rates which applies to community buildings and the reliefs that are available to charities and other community organisations.
Model Contracts, Licences and Leases
- Model Document: Licence to Occupy: A model document.
- Model Lease for a Community Building: This model is for use by community organisations for a lease with the Local Authority for a community building (centre). The document includes guidance notes for completing the lease followed by the lease itself.
- Model Lease for an Incorporated Community Association: A model lease
- Model Lease for an Unincorporated Community Association: A model lease
- Checking Your Community Building: This checklist is intended as an aid to ensuring that a community building is fully and adequately maintained and cared for, that the terms of any lease or letting agreement are being observed and also that important legal requirements are being complied with.